11.16.2009

Epicenter Cafe, San Francisco (SOMA)

[Z:] We've been here a couple times: once to see our friends Trevor and Susie launching their San Francisco folk tour with their band Sounds of Lyon and Fell, and once to grab an 8 dollar humus and veggie sandwich before work.

Aside from their support of my artist friends, I don't have much to say in the positive for this cafe. It's grunge-techno music makes me antsy and frenetic while I wait for 0h-so-long to get my (ok, yes, it was tasty) sandwich. The cafe feels very modern, complete with stainless steel and concrete, dark red accent walls and sleek bar top.

Sigh... maybe K has some positive things to say...

(K): Sandwich very good. But the whole place feels like it has an edgy attitude. Red walls do nothing for me and concrete ceilings make it feel like a warehouse. Or a jail cell. I'd advise ordering to-go. Last night I noticed an advertisement that said they serve beer to-go, too. (bizarre). I had coffee last time I was here and the latte tasted mostly like milk. But I think they may have their own line of beans (to be confirmed ... )

(note the three fingers because this was the third Stop of the day haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment